pDB-0.37b - The PHP Database
pDB is a collection of PHP Classes that implement an embeddable SQL DataBase engine.
This project was started in 2002 as ´proof-of-concept´ by FloSax and BennyZaminga.
pDB is currently developped and actively maintained by BennyZaminga <bzaminga__at__web__dot__de>.
Advantages of pDB:
- It's pure PHP ;)
- No extension or external resource needed
- Embedable/distributable into/with your own application or script
- On small tables faster than MySQL/PostgreSQL
- No socket and/or TCP/IP-overhead
- Easy movable database
Disadvantages of pDB:
- It's interpreted cause written in PHP
- Gets slow on big tables. Not yet optimized in any way ;(
- Not fully SQL92 compliant
- Not very scalable
- Please make sure your DB_ROOT/-folder is writable for Apache/PHP, else pDB will fail.
- Feel free to change the location of your DB_ROOT, but do not forget to adjust the path in ´pDB.conf.php´.
Recommended is to move your DB_ROOT outside your web-root, so DB-files can not be accessed directly by Apache.
- pDB is currently alpha-quality software and is NOT recommended to be used in mission critical environments.
- Please refer to http://wiki.devote.ch for additional informations related to pDB.
- This files provided here are only a small subset of the whole pDB-project. Feel free to contact me using the above email if you wanna get involved.
- Documentation of the pDB-API is available for download at http://wiki.devote.ch
- Feel free to report bugs and send patches.
Have Fun ;)